Watch the Sylvan Park News!
News and Updates
All breakfast and lunch meals will now be offered at no cost to all families, thanks to updated federal guidelines. Meals are available for children 18 and under, whether or not they are enrolled at school.
Meals can be picked up at any school from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., or at bus stop locations throughout the city. Details on times and locations for bus stop meal deliveries can be found using the “Find My Bus Stop” app which is located at mnps.org/transportation.
We are also developing plans under these new guidelines to allow multiple meals to be picked up from schools at one time. Further details will be shared next week. Thank you.
SP 2020-21 Grading Norms EFFECTIVE 9/8/20:
- All assignments are due each Sunday at 11:59p. Assignments will remain accessible through the 9 week period but we strongly recommend that students submit assignments each week.
- New assignments will be posted each week on Monday at 8a.
- All teachers will ensure that graded assignments are easily found (Parents, please notice the right side of the Schoology pages and our How to Videos on our Weebly site).
- One retake will be given for each graded assignment for any grade BELOW 70%.
- The grade will be the AVERAGE of the two grades.
- Lowest grade on any assignment/ assessment= ZERO (0%)
- Lowest grade for a subject each quarter= FIFTY (50%)
- FLVS modules/assignments will be adjusted by each grade level in each subject area using professional judgment while maintaining the integrity of the curriculum.
- NOTE: related arts are required subjects. Students must complete the assignments/ assessments.
- We are here to help. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your teacher, or administration, if you have school level questions or concerns.
- MNPS wants to hear your voice. If you have concerns about the FLVS curriculum, or input about virtual learning at the district level, please reach out to our district board representative (Abigail.Tylor@mnps.org).
This week, Metro Schools opened outdoor, in-person tech support locations at five schools to support families and students with any virtual learning questions or issues.
Now through Sept. 18, families and students can visit one of these six schools for in-person support every Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.:
- Robert Churchwell Elementary
- Glenview Elementary
- Mt. View Elementary
- Tusculum Elementary
- Jere Baxter Middle School
- Donelson Middle School
- Wi-Fi hotspots and connectivity
- Logging into Teams, Schoology or other platforms
- General technology questions